Pages

Recent Posts

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Reflections Sundays: Romantic Relationships





For a the past week or so, the main topic of gossip sites is the cheating scandal of Kristen Stewart, who was dating Robert Pattinson, with a married man with two kids, Rupert Sanders (also her producer on Snow White and the Huntsman). After a few days now, the gossips has not died down. And it got me thinking, why is this getting so much attention?? Of course some would say that these stars, Kristen and Robert, are one of the hottest couples, and there are millions upon millions of Twihards out there that are vying for their relationship to last. But this is understandable from them because they're fanatical --the fans of twilight. But why are those who are not fans also hooked up to this story? I think it's because many of the people can actually relate. They too have bee cheated on or have cheated, and they got hurt, badly. And they would break up with his/her girlfriend/boyfriend. However, there are cases that they give their partners a second chance, even a 3rd, 4th, or an nth time. I've never cheated in a relationship or got cheated on, but it got me thinking: should I forgive him if he cheats on me?


I have many friends who experienced this kind of hurt, and every time I consoled each one, my first reaction is anger, anger towards the cheater. First, because of my loyalty to my friend, but more importantly, it's because I detest cheating. I would go into a mature relationship with someone only because I have deep affection for him, trust him, and respect him, and he would feel the same for me, and that we are exclusive. 


So I don't get why one would cheat. If you don't feel the same way for me anymore, I expect you to respect me enough to tell it to my face, be man enough to say it. Cheating for me is selfish, childish, and inconsiderate.


And what if he says he's sorry, that he loves me, and it was just a one time thing? I say bullshit. That "one time" cheating tells me you don't respect me, don't really love me, and that you see or feel something wrong in the relationship, and you can't deal with it face to face. 


But of course, some say that they love that person so much that they can forgive him/her for doing it, as long as he/she doesn't do it again. I guess I haven't really loved someone that much that I would forgive him for cheating. So until then, my answer is, NO. I won't forgive him for cheating. What about you? 

3 comments:

missy said...

I chose to forgive but I got tired of it in the end.

Pampeem said...

Oh I know, Missy.. You love freely and openly.. It's not a sin.. You forgave because you loved.. Still, I', glad that you let go when you really couldn't take it anymore. :)

missy said...

Haha! I know! I really have to do that. :D

Post a Comment